Saturday, September 8, 2012

Old Timey Music Revue

So I've been a bit slack with staying true to my favourite vintage style for the past few weeks, but I've been much better this week (partly because I've had time!). Even though I didn't get to record most of my outfits from this week, I can tell you that I made a lot more effort and it showed - I was more confident and happy in myself.*

Friday night was an "Old Timey Music Revue" held at the Polish Club in Turner. My housemate and I got dressed to the nines in vintage gear in order to score discount entry to the event. (On a side note, I love having a housemate that loves getting dressed up in vintage just as much as I do). What followed once we got there was some great country, blues and jazz music and lots of fun swing dancing. I'm thinking I'm going to have to start taking classes! It was so good to have a night out with good music (but not so loud that you can't chat), good company, good dancing and a not-too-late bedtime. Am I sounding old yet? Looks like I'll have to pay another visit to the Polish Club in the near future for some pierogi!





Dress: Vintage (Cue), some vintage store in Adelaide... probably Red Ruby Vintage
Belt: Vintage, Mint Vintage (pretty sure it doesn't exist anymore)
Cardigan: Vintage, Fash & Treasure
Coat: Vintage, Fash & Treasure
Purse: Vintage, some op shop
(Apart from the cardigan and coat I've had most of that outfit for years, so I'm pretty sketchy on the details of where I bought pieces)
PS How gorgeous is my housemate's dress?

*Note: I know that different things give confidence and happiness to different people - for you it might be being able to sew a gorgeous quilt or refurbish some furniture into a lovely new piece. For me, nothing brightens my day more than dressing up in a pretty frock, being creative with my clothes and adding some colour to our sometimes drab world. This blog is all about trying to make every day better by doing things that I know make me a more positive, happy person.

1 comment:

  1. Very nice, you girls look great in your vintage pretties. I love that you share your outfits and can totally understand the need for colour in a 'drab' world. Hehe, keep blogging and feeling postive and happy about how awesome you look in your vintage clothes.
    xx
    P.s still feeling some envy over here about your amazing coat:)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...